Fade In Awards: Official Rules
- Entry must be accompanied by the following:
- Completed official entry form (photocopies are acceptable), or Online entry form.
- An entry fee of $55.00 U.S. (made payable to “Fade In”) if entering before October 31, 2016; $65.00 U.S. if entering after October 31, 2016 but before November 30, 2016; $70.00 if entering after November 30, 2016 but before January 31, 2017.
- If entering by mail: One completed original feature screenplay or teleplay or one short script in standard industry format; bound with two gold fasteners; and covered with plain black or white card stock. Please also include a fully-executed title page with all pertinent contact info, title and byline. If entering online: One completed original feature screenplay or teleplay or short script in PDF format; web series and short films please include the link to and applicable password for your entry within the synopsis box of the application. You may enter as many times as you wish. However, each entry must be mailed/entered online separately with a separate entry form and processing fee, as indicated above.
- Submissions must be an original work of the applicant/writing team and not based, in whole or part, on another author’s work (unless underlying material is in public domain).
- Submissions must be postmarked no later than January 31, 2017. Applications will be accepted only by mail or online. Submitted material will not be returned.
- Submissions may not be under option or with attachment(s) at the time of entry nor at the time the material is chosen as a Finalist or Grand Prize winner. If said submission has been optioned or sold during the judging period, the contestant will automatically be disqualified.
- Judging consists of three rounds; Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Finals. Applicants will be notified of their advancement at fadeinonline.com by June 30, 2017.
- Applicant understands creative revisions may be required prior to setting up meetings/marketing to Hollywood buyers and representatives and therefore agrees to the process as outlined by the Fade In staff. Applicant also understands that if chosen as a finalist it is a requirement to sign both a general release and a W-9 tax form to receive any prizes.
- Fade In reserves the right to grant less than or no awards, at its sole discretion, if a lesser number of, or no entries meet the submissions requirements and/or industry standards of excellence.
- Fade In reserves the right to revoke or disqualify any finalist for a) breach of these terms, b) unprofessional behavior, as deemed by Fade In staff.
- I have read and accept Fadeinonline.com’s No Refund policy.